Sunday, July 13, 2008

The art of running a red light....

Ok, so I have been to a lot of countries in my few years on planet earth. Thailand, Cambodia, Nepal, Malaysia, Indonesia, Japan, Korea....just to name a few. In all my visits, I have never seen so many people run red lights as I have in South Korea, especially Jeju Island. If traffic fines were $100 per red light, I think I would have seen about $10,000 worth of fines just in the last 4 hours. It's unbelievable.

I picked up my dad from the airport in Jeju this morning, he's here to speak on the IES. We were just laughing and shaking our heads in disbelief as we watched driver after driver after driver run red lights. I thought NZer's were fairly aggresive drivers, but they have nothing on these South Koreans. Pray for me!

We had a few hours off this afternoon and after a good lunch, we ventured into one of the largest volcanic lava caves in all of the world. You walk down many stairs in this spike, and it goes for about 8 miles into the earth. The Manjung Lava Tubes. It's quite an amazing site really, and very cold. It was great to get off campus and have a breath of fresh air and do somthing different. A great walk, and highly recomendable to anyone visiting these parts.

Here's to a new week! Looking forward to it!

Josh

No comments: