Thursday, March 08, 2007

Interesting Facts

Wow what a week, I can’t believe it is Friday and I have yet to blog anything at all…I think I am falling off the blog wagon, and am just barely holding on by my little pinky. I will let you in on a little secret though….it is because all my free time is spent on myspace now. So many people to keep up with, so little time!

This week I started out attending an immigration seminar with a couple other people from Impact World Tour and the Tauranga House of Prayer. It was really helpful in my own immigration journey, and in the journey these two ministries will go through as people come from all over the world to join us. These are some of the interesting facts I learned about immigrating to New Zealand.

1. When filling out immigration applications, you have to be able to prove everything you say with paper proof.
2. If you are not healthy, which is classified by you having a health condition that might cause the New Zealand government above $25,000.00, they basically will not let you in.
3. Once you are granted Permanent Residency, you must remain in New Zealand for at least 184 days out of every year for the first two years. That equals just over 6 months of living in New Zealand for two years.
4. If you want to gain citizenship, you must remain in New Zealand for 264 days out of each year for 5 consecutive years.
5. It is hundreds of dollars cheaper to go through this process if you are already in New Zealand when you apply vs. applying from outside of New Zealand.
6. If you are applying for residency under the “Work to Residency” program, your job offer must be for $45,000.00 a year or more.

1 comment:

ariki said...

So are you going for question 4? Wow!!!!