Thursday, March 08, 2007

Camping equals Food and Shopping an Experience with God.

Well lets just get this out in the open - New World grocery store is the best grocery store in New Zealand. For all of those Pack-N-Save fans, I understand it really is cheaper....but when you want to buy American products in a pleasant atmosphere complete with shopping hostesses, New World is the only place to go.

Josh and I are heading out into the wild tomorrow for a weekend of camping before fall sets in for real, so of course I had to run by the store to pick up some camping food. Josh was up in Whangarei (he caught the early morning flight) to pick up a car for IWT, leaving me to prepare for camping. For those of you who know us, I am not really camping experienced, so you can laugh at that idea. All I really know is, if you have food everything will be alright.

I had just left a really good prayer meeting at THOP, were I was really connecting with God...so I thought I would ask him which grocery store to go to to catch some sales. Normally I would have headed to Pack-N-Save because it is cheap but I felt like New World was the go. I thought, hey even if things are not on sale at least i will have an enjoyable shopping experience. Much to my delight though, I really did hear God on this little trivial detail called grocery shopping. It blew me away too because God did it just to show me he cared.

I had a short list of the basics and then was just going to walk the isles to see what I could buy to cook for Josh that would bless him. As I went through the list, I realized that everything on my list was on sale. I mean it everything, even the bread. After I got through the list I started thinking about Josh's favorite foods, lamb, certain types of granola bars, stuff for homemade lasagna. Not kidding you, I walked to the isle and said, ok God if you are just wanting to show me how much you love me by putting everything I want on sale....let lamb be on sale, let those granola bars be on sale, let cottage cheese be on sale. It was all on sale. So, it was amazing. I totally met God while grocery shopping. So all you mom's out there(aka Anna Rikiriki) be encouraged. You can meet God at New World too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Love the new look!
I too love New World. Don't go there much cause as you said Pac N Save is usually cheaper overall, but I will agree, New World does has some really good sales and if you do Fly By's you can get them at New World. I love it when God meets us in everyday life. Something I've been learning a lot over the last year! :)

ariki said...

Hey wow, what an awesome story! Thanks Misty. Loved catching up with Joshie on Friday, he really is amazing...you guys are just such a perfect team. Hope you're having a GREAT weekend!!!!! We'll come and stay soon!