Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Camping Report



As I sit here at my dinning room table, I am watching crazy rain pour down. Apparently Fall has arrived in New Zealand and I am so glad we got in some camping before it did. Josh and I had a great weekend just getting away. It's amazing what a road trip can do for your outlook. It just kind of expands your thoughts and makes you think outside the normal box. It makes you get out of the rut of everyday life..that is for sure. It is like oh, "my existence is not just in this city, in the North Island, of a country at the ends of the earth" - however...if you had to pick a city to exist exclusively in, this one would be at the top the list. Here is a picture from the weekend. One nutty thing I did was chase Josh all the way to Cathedral Cove in a mini skirt...that's at least a 3-4 k run. It explains the sweaty Photo.



The weather was beautiful and hot. Also Josh taught me how to kayak which was really fun and I realised it was a lot easier than i first thought. Hahei/Cathedral Cove is truely one of New Zealands hidden treasures, it is stunning! My first night sleeping in a tent was fun, I would definately do it again, it helps to have a husband that knows what he's doing when it comes to setting up a tent and making it as comfortable as possible! All in all, a great weekend and I'm looking forward to our next camping trip.


No comments: