Friday, June 08, 2007

Something a bit different

Last night I did something a bit different, and went out with the team from the Urban Lounge. One of our designers is leaving the company to go back to school, and it was her going away dinner. I have to admit I wasn’t that excited about going coming out of a full day going for it at THOP and with IWT, However, Kathyrn (the designer) is an awesome person, and Josh was away, and I didn’t have anything other commitments on, so I went. It turned out to be a great time too! The people I work with at the Urban Lounge are just really cool, creative, people.

When you sit down to dinner with people, you really get to know them; and when you get to know them, well that is when the love of God can break into their lives. I don’t want to sound too churchy about it, but I love how the love of God can open up doors to share Him. The general view of God is so warped these days. People don’t understand that his greatest desire is “to have us with him where He is (John 17:24)” But if you love on them, I really believe they will eventually get it. Living a life of love is a great way to live too, so ultimately you loose nothing (1 Corinthians 13:1).

No comments: