Monday, June 18, 2007

A Changing of the Guard

I would like to say that I love old people. They have lived such full lives and really are treasure troves of knowledge. At my part time job, I often work with "mature clients" and they always leave me with a smile on my face and tears in my eyes. I don't know what it is about them, but there is something that takes you another place when you talk to them.

This week I have been facinated by the coverage of Ruth Graham's death. It is amazing how much coverage one woman going to be with Jesus gets. The publicity is all good too, which is amazing. Each one of the articles I have read off CNN.com, has brought tears to my eyes. I guess it is hearing the call of eternity, and knowing that Ruth Graham lived her life well. She is one of the those people that Jesus has said "well done good and faithful servant" to.

Throughout the reading, both Josh and I have both felt that Ruth's death marks a changing in the guard. It's time for the next generation to take their positions as leaders in the body of Christ. Does anyone else feel the same thing?

No comments: