Monday, June 11, 2007

Drama at the Cole House

Okay...so this is what happens when you have kids, I am SO not ready!

With Dave and Josh both overseas, Sue and I have been busy keeping things running in the two house holds. Obviously, Sue has a lot more going on than me with all the kids after school activities...so I have been helping her out. Tonight I picked up Debs from ballet and brought her home.

All was going great, we were talking about Cirque de Soliel and her next ballet recital. Anyway, then I cooked some chicken spaghetti (which was pretty good for a first time attempt). I then served up a plate for Debs, with "just a little" broccoli. As Debs headed toward the table suddenly, disaster struck. One step, two step, three step, spaghetti on the carpet and curtains.

I mean what do you do? I didn't freak out, so Josh would have been proud, but it just threw me for a spin. I can handle carpet stains, I have carpet cleaner....but curtain stains. Yikes! And the curtains don't belong to us either. They belong to the landlord. Anyway, it was a dramatic scene and I guess it still is. Presently the curtains are soaking in a tub of cold water. It is still to be seen if the spagetti sauce will come out. However, Sue dropped of some cleaner for me to try....so you can imagine what I'll be doing the next hour.

4 comments:

ariki said...

You're awesome Misty. If Josh isn't proud, I sure am!

Anonymous said...

Well done in handling an interesting situation, what a great sister in law...what a funny thought that you are Debs' sister in law...I mean Debs is like 9!! I was about to write 'what a good aunt'!! :) I can just imagine this scene happening! :) Maybe you can dry clean them?

Rosie said...

Hi Misty, welcome to the world of motherhood, albeit only for an afternoon!! Sue must be SO grateful for your help. I have found the following things good for spills/stains: SHOUT gel, WONDERSOAP or NEXT GENERATION laundry soaker(haven't tried the last one on coloureds though, test first!) Take care and we love reading your blog to keep up on yours and Josh's news. Love the Edsxx

Rosie said...

p.s. I also think the dry cleaning option would be a good one!