Monday, October 30, 2006

Why we are in Fiji.....

Today, I want to give a shout out to God and testify that He still speaks to his people today. I realized that some of you reading this blog have no idea why Josh and I decided to come to Fiji to facilitate the Impact Evangelism School. Fiji is a challenging environment in the natural, and it is not a normal environment for a couple from the west to spend their first year of marriage. However….
When Josh and I were made aware of the need for school leaders for the IES, we went round and round talking about it, and pretty much decided we were not comming to Fiji. We had a wonderful little beach batch to live in, and a fulfilling job helping to get the Tauranga House of Prayer of the ground. There was no reason to leave New Zealand…however we kept praying about it.
Then one morning while I was in the Tauranga House of Prayer studying the book of Acts, I began reading Acts 28. It is when Paul gets shipwrecked on the island of Malta. Several verses really stood out to me, especially verse 2, “The islanders showed us unusual hospitality”. Then at lunch Josh said to me, “I really need to show you what God showed me this morning in the THOP”. He pulled out his bible and turned to Acts 28 verse 2.
That was pretty much it for us, what a great confirmation. We knew we were going to spend some 3 months in Fiji. When God separately shares the same scripture to both husband and wife on the same day, you know He is trying to get your attention. When God does that with scriptures talking about the islands, when husband and wife are praying about going to the islands....well it is pretty clear…you should go to the islands! So we came, and we’re here, and that is the story!

No comments: