Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Blessed by Island Hospitality

The verse the Lord gave Josh and I as confirmation to run the IES in Fiji is Acts 28, paraphrased “the islanders showed them great hospitality”…..and yes indeed they have. Island hospitality is an interesting thing because as a people, Fijians, really honor their guests by giving them their best....even though they don’t have much.
Just the other day during a corporate worship time I was reading Acts 28 again. Just as I read “the islanders showed them great hospitality”, Eta, the owner of a spa walked up to me and handed me a voucher for free Pedicure. Eta, an ex-ywamer turned spa owner, said she felt like the Lord told her to give me the voucher earlier in the worship time. I was so stoked….because my feet really needed some TLC and I had not taken the time to take care of them myself. I felt like God was putting an exclamation point on the verse that I had just read too. I love it when God does that.
When Josh and I got home that day, we found we had presents waiting for us. What a surprise! Vinni, our friend, and one of the best cake makers in Fiji (she operates a bakery out of here home and even makes cakes for the President and other VIPs), had left us little gifts. When I opened mine I found a beautiful black pearl anklet (Josh got deodorant…which gave us all a good laugh). God defiantly knows how to show us love.

No comments: