Saturday, April 19, 2008

Carrot Cake

This week has been pretty full of activity and it is not over yet. In just a few minutes we are headed to the youth group at our church. Josh is going to be sharing tonight...so it should be great!

That being said, I would like to take this time to share a great carrot cake recipe with you. I made it for the first time last night, after my New Zealand cousin Julia, shared it with me. It is super easy...so enjoy!

In a food processor blend the following:

2 cups carrot (about three large carrots)
2 eggs
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup oil
1 cups flour
1/2 cup wholemeal flour
1 tsp allspice
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda

Bake at 180 degrees C or about 325 degrees F for approximately 30 minutes. Ice with your favorite cream cheese icing and enjoy!

1 comment:

Rosie said...

Yum! This sounds way easier than having to grate the carrot the old fashioned way. I'm sure this will become a fav in the Ed's household, too!