Sunday, April 06, 2008

A New Experience

Today we admit we both super sore due to our activities yesterday. Both Josh and I had another first together as We harvested avocados for the 1st time at Josh's parents place. We had a whole crew of kids and friends around and all got into it. It was actually really hard work, climbing trees, reaching, stretching, bending, carrying, and picking up the fruit off the ground. I can see now why most people don't get that excited about the prospect of spending a day doing it. However, it was enjoyable work because at the end of the day we could see the results of our labour; 7 full bins of avocados. Now that is a lot of Guacamole....

Here are some pics to prove how agricultural I have become! Or more so that my husband can climb trees like a monkey:>








4 comments:

Parag Loliyekar said...

nice work.... impressed.... Check out my blog for some pics www.hotgoa.blogspot.com

Rosie said...

Well done, guys.......that's an awful lot of avocadoes!!!

pande said...

Impressed!! I would have thought you would be in your element with all those avocados!!!

Esther Irwin said...

DON'T click on that link above, it's a virus!