Sunday, October 07, 2007

Josh's Sunday night musings...

Well I feel satisfied and fulfilled today, it's the first day since arriving in Fiji 5 days ago, that the sun has come out in full force! It seems to have totally lifted the mood of everyone around, including myself who felt almost waterlogged from the continuous rain.

We've had an incredible week here with almost 3,000 people responding to the gospel this week, even in the rain and the mud. It's been quite incredible really to see hundreds come forward to give their lives to Jesus. It never gets old....it's exciting, fulfilling, and rewarding to be a part of something that can have such a major impact on entire cities.

I was talking to one Indian lady who gave her life to Jesus 2 nights ago. She was telling me how she was a Hindu and gave her life to Jesus the last night, and then brought her husband along and he gave his life to Jesus, she was so happy, and was radiant with Joy! Awesome!

Thoughts on the rugby: This was the first entire game I had watched from the whole world cup so far. I'm not surprised at all by the result. My suspicion all along was that New Zealand would not win the World Cup....there are many opinions flying about as to why they lost to France today, but it's quite plain as far as I can see, they were beaten by a better team on the day, and that's sport. I'm stoked I'm in Fiji at this time, and involved in something far more exciting than rugby will ever be!

Injury report: Well the cut on the elbow is still quite sore, and my fingers are tingly, but its getting better. Still can't bend my arm, which is annoying, and it's been difficult to try to keep it dry in this wet weather. I should have the stiches out in a few days which will be nice. At least I'll have a "battle scar" from Fiji.

Bless ya! Josh

No comments: