Thursday, April 23, 2009

Musings

It been few day since my last post. And to be assured each day has been full of thoughts and activities. Hopefully each one has been chronicled in my memory somewhere. I know we have had a few guests, said "good bye for now" to some friends, and made considerable progress in the planning for the next DTS. In the midst of all this activity however, I have turned a bit contemplative this week. I'm diving back onto the rich texts of A.W. Tozer. His book, Knowledge of the Holy is holding me captive at present and helping me look upward.

For all of you reading this that are classic hymn lovers (I'm thinking of you Daddy)this is for you. You will notice that this old hymn has a new chorus, created by a friends of mine. It has been a joy for me to be able to sing it recently.

BE THOU MY VISION
"Be Thou my vision, O Lord of my heart; Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best thought, by day or by night, Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

I will set my gaze upon, The brightness of Heav'ns Son, Satisfier of my one desire
To behold eternal light, In the face of Jesus Christ, Holy radiance of the glory of God

Riches I heed not, nor man's empty praise, Thou mine inheritance, now and always
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art."

That's it from here, I'm off to read a bit more before calling the day done.

No comments: