Friday, July 27, 2007

5 thoughts...

1. WEDNESDAY was a big day in the Cole household. Josh left for Fiji on Wednesday and Chelsea and Stephen arrived the same day. I think everyone can imagine how busy Tuesday was...but whew, the house was clean, the bags were packed and we made it. Dave and Sue Cole left for Fiji on the same plane as Josh so all in all the family has become even more dispersed than usual. What a interesting, mobile world we live in.
2. AVOCADOS are now in season, and I love that my in-laws have a small orchard of them. I might not have a full fridge, but I do have a giant bowl of guacamole in it. Yum, now if only I had some chips....
3. PRAY FOR THE HOSTAGES IN AFGHANISTAN It must be really scary to be a hostage and have your group leader/pastor killed. We should all pray for them to be strong and have courage in the face of danger. May peace, love, and hope abound
4. WHY does lipstick cost $21.00-$38.00 a tube in New Zealand? I just used the last of my favorite lipstick, and went to the Warehouse and the Pharmacy looking for a replacement. No way am I paying that much for something that might cost $8.00 bucks max at Target in the USA! I can go without till Christmas or the next care package.
5. I LOVE READING! One thing I do to fill those just before bed time moments when Josh is gone in read. It distracts my mind from making up thuds and bumps that I think that I hear. I have rediscovered this joyful thing in the last two days. I'll let you know if the novel I picked up off the shelf turns out to be any good. It's about a fire fighter.

No comments: