Monday, April 02, 2007

Home Front Food Success

Yesterday, I made quiche for dinner and I thought it was so good and easy to make, that I needed to share it. I tend to try new things out when Josh is away, so if it is bad, I know, and don’t make it for him. If it is good, then I make it when he gets home and get to eat it again. It really is a win-win situation. This quiche is a crust less quiche, but you can use a pre-maid piecrust or flaky pastry crust if you want to. I did the later and it was great!


BACON QUICHE
------------

6 eggs
1 c. low-fat milk
6 oz. Colby cheese, shredded
8 slices crisp bacon, crumbled
1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
Dash of salt & pepper

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9 or 10 inch quiche dish or glass baking dish with cooking spray. In medium bowl, beat eggs and milk, stir in other ingredients. Pour mixture into prepared dish and bake in middle of oven for 40 to 45 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before cutting.

1 comment:

Isabel said...

Go girl, go! I'm proud of you how you are getting into preparing great meals! I'm planning on making your Maroccon recipe when my in-laws are here :)
Thanks for sharing!