Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Comical but Painful

Well ladies and gentlemen, today something quite comical but painful happened to me while I was walking across the grassy knoll between the Urban Lounge office and the supermarket. I had to cross a small rocky rise that is the base for train tracks that run to the Port of Tauranga from the mainland. Normally this is not a problem - but today I was wearing very big, heavy, tall shoes. I knew I needed to be careful. So up the rise I went, over the tracks, and one step down, two steps down and, bang! I twisted my foot and went tumbling to the grass on the other side. My first thought was - ouch. My second thought was, oh. "I hope that none of our clients saw that". I was in direct line of sight of our upstairs meeting rooms.

In the end, no one saw me take the tumble – except the guy who honked at me from the road. The girls at the office did think it would have been pretty funny to see though. Me, the towering 5 foot 9 inch girl in my heels, crumbling to the ground. However despite the comedy of what it might have looked like.I really did sprain something in my foot. So right now I have it elevated and iced, and I’m hoping I can walk normally tomorrow.

No comments: