Thursday, November 22, 2007

Taupo Challenge

Well tomorrow just plain makes me nervous....yet excited. I'm heading out on a 80km bike ride along with about 10,000 other crazy kiwis and a few internationals who are embarking on the annual Taupo Cycle Challenge. Basically the challenge is this: Do one lap around Lake Taupo - 160km. I've decided that I'm going to do the relay race which means you can race one or a combination of 4 x 40km legs of the course which make up 160km. I'm doing the first two legs of the course, which is the hilly part, and my relay team member (Spin instructor) will polish off the other half.

Why am I a little nervous? Because I have never ridden 80km's straight, never mind the hills! I've done a few 60km rides, and handled that ok, but wasted! We'll see how it goes, I'm sure you'll get a full report in a day or two.

Cheers

Josh

No comments: