Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Josh is great, and other news.....

The last couple of nights Josh has been really impressing me. First and foremost, he has been using the birthday gift I got him when we were engaged...his kayak. The fact that he has wanted to go kayaking "for the exercise" in the freezing cold New Zealand winter is insane to me, but it shows me how much he loves his present! Not only that, but it seems he has made kayaking into a profitable practice. His last paddle brought in two Kahawai, which is one of my favorite eating fish! What you catch you don't have to buy, so I say bring it on! And, yes it tasted great!

To continue in the bent of praising my husband, can I just tell everyone he is a great leader and teacher. A couple of nights ago we had a bunch of the THOP staff over for a partner raising class. Josh and Jordan (another staff member) did all the teaching and it was so good. All I had to do was offer the tea and coffee. I felt like I was back in the American 50's for a minute.

Onto other news: Anna, Nikka, Nathan and Ben (Josh's sister and her family) are coming to Tauranga for the weekend. I love hanging out with them, so that is really awesome. It will be a great weekend. I'm sure we will do alot of discussing my parent's in-law's new addition to their house, which brings me to my other news. I learned today that it is very common to paint over wallpaper in New Zealand. It creates textured look by a method that is alot shorter than, stripping the walls, plastering them, adding texture to them, and then painting them, which is what is generally done in America. So.....I guess that idea is back on the drawing board.

2 comments:

ariki said...

no don't let them paint over the wallpaper!!!! :) See you soon you lovely lady! :) I can't wait!!

ariki said...

Yeah, let's book you in for a weekend away at our place! We can spoil you and you can feed Ben some of those avocados you got from Mum & Dad's =) Motherhood is awesome and when it comes time for you you'll be fantastic, and Josh will be a great dad too. Don't worry about the little practical things - you'll catch on quick as and there are so many people who have done it many times before us. Have a great rest of the week....has Josh gone already?