Wednesday, August 06, 2008

What's on the Menu.

Tonight, Moses, Joanna, Josh, Aaron and myself went out from campus for dinner. Of course we let Moses pick the place, and he took us to "the very special place". We got out of the car at a place that had a cartoon character of a horse on the sign. There was also a type of corral to the side of the building. Josh and I didn't think much of it, until we sat down and started looking at the menu. You guessed it - they had horse on the menu. Apparently it is speciality and tastes great BBQ'ed. Ah! Now I am from Texas, and horses are our friends - they are not dinner. We ate beef and pork instead.
After some ice cream for dessert, we headed back to campus for our night class. We were met by Daniel, our translator. He asked if we had a good dinner? However, before we could answer, he announce "we had dog for dinner - it was good you were not here." Ah! Are you kidding me. I have nothing left to say - Koreans eat horse and dog. I guess you learn something new everyday, however some of those things you wish you didn't know.

No comments: