Tuesday, June 10, 2008

You watch the news these days and it just seems as though everything is escalating. Everything you hear about is earthquakes, tornadoes, flooding, and war. It reminds me so much of the passage of scripture found in Luke 21, where Jesus is describing the way the earth will be before His return.

Now I have to be honest and say that I am not really excited about things getting bad before they get better. I would much rather have been living in the 1950's getting excited about owning a vacuum cleaner, and maybe even the first washing machine on the block. I mean the days of watching the first astronaut walk on the moon were pretty exciting. However, that beautiful period of time that I am sure I romanticise about, is not the reality I live. So here I am, in the midst of world that is being shaken and these are the words I am meditating on.

Like 21:34&36 "Be on guard, so that your hearts will not be weighted down with dissipation and drunkenness and the worries of life......but keep on the alert at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are about to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man.

In saying all this, I know that we live in the days when the church will shine like never before and see Jesus in ways never seen before. That I am excited about.

No comments: