Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Christmas Cherries

Being from America, my understanding of cherries is the sugary cherries that come with your Coco-cola. To be honest, I don't like those at all. I tried one of those when I was little, and since then I have avoided all cherries. I thought they made your teeth feel like they were rotting. However, after yesterday my ideas of cherries has been forever changed.

Yesterday, while at my part time job, a package arrived from a place called Jackson's Orchard. I got to open it; and to my surprise it was full of fresh picked cherries and a Christmas card. It was a company Christmas gift. So, at morning tea time (yes this is a normal New Zealand company policy) I decided I had to try a cherry. Everyone else was digging in and saying how good they were. So, timidly I bit onto one. The flavor was amazing, so fresh, juicy, and sweet. Yum! For all those of you who come visit New Zealand, you must try the cherries!

1 comment:

Rosie said...

Those cherries ARE delicious! The last few years we have sent some to work collegues and family.....they are always gratefully received. Looking forward to seeing you both next week. love the Edsx