Sunday, September 24, 2006


Bula Vinaka....we are in Fiji!
Today is my 6 month wedding anniversary and I am spending it on the island of Viti Levu, Fiji. Doesn't that sound great! Unlike most peole however, Josh and I didn't come here for a romantic getaway, we came to work.
My husband Joshua and I have been here 4 days ago, and wow what an adventure so far. I have to say, I think I am a little bit culture shocked! I'm so thankful that I am here with my husband and not by myself. Somehow, he seems to just put things into perspective and makes me relax. I would like to take this time to praise him publically for being really inventive and practical. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't have eaten anything; as it seems I have a disability when it comes to lighting a gas stove!
We have had some funny times already. My hair has definatly gone fro, we've had to run away from wild dogs, and we've walked for over an hour to find a pizza place we remembered was good from last time we were here. All in all, I'd say we are doing pretty ok. The Lord totally knows what we need: and the IWT office has KONA COFFEE!

No comments: